Aging like fine wine....my value increases

Aging like fine wine....my value increases
Aging like fine wine....my value is increasing

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

How does your garden grow?

I wish this was in my backyard!



Mistress Mary, 
Quite contrary, 
How does your garden grow?

With silver bells,
And cockell shells
And pretty maids all in a row!

Remember this old nursery rhyme?  It really was one that we learned to recite in kindergarten in the early spring because that is exactly how our garden was shaping up.  Life in the garden is very reflective of our own lives isn't it?  We plant seeds in others, have a crop of them inside ourselves and we wait for them to mature and blossom.  Family, friends, strangers, surrounding circumstances or our environment can water and nurture those seeds so their potential can become a reality in our lives.  Inside of us has been placed so many different variety of seeds for us to discover.  At different times of our lives those seeds come forth and brand new life/gifts/talents emerge.  We sometimes don't even know that they are embedded deep within until something/someone sprinkles some water and it takes off with a life of their own.  For me, old as I am, the water sprinkled on a seed buried deep within me  turned out to be the seed of writing.  I have loved books, read books, discussed books, "lived" books my entire life.  I never in my wildest dreams thought that I would actually sit down and compose one.  Well the project I am involved in right now is not a 300 page book but quite a lengthy short story and I am bitten, smitten and in love with everything about it.  I adore the dreaming, the planning, the researching, the storyboarding and the wordplay involve.  Well how can I sum this up?  Well I can't... I love the whole darn thing.  It has been such a joy to get up in the morning and write on for another day.  I get so involved with the characters and plot that it is kind of pathetic really. It is like giving real birth but much less painful.  Each book is your baby and you are so proud of it.  Anyhow, I want to encourage you.  Get close to a sprinkler today or take a walk in that rain and let some water splash over you.  Maybe that little splash will soak deep into some of your seeds and they will begin to sprout.  New life, new ideas, new direction is so exciting and you might be surprised what is hidden in the dark recesses of you ready to burst forth into the sunshine and be a blessing not only to you but to others.  It's garden time in your life!   Dare to get wet.  Blessings.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What is your favourite book to read?

  • Crescendo
  • Darkness Slipped In
  • Elijah's Coin
  • Hush Hush
  • It's a Book (excellent plus)
  • Mrs. Tom Thumb
  • Nana's getting married
  • Room
  • Sacred Heart
  • The Alchemist

Subscribe on JacketFlap

Subscribe to This Blog in the JacketFlap Blog Reader